A friend of mine gave me the idea to create this section of the website – an updated glimpse of what my current goals and challenges are. A snapshot of my life in this particular moment.
I’m currently situated in my home province of Saskatchewan, Canada, where I’m raising a (1.5 year old!) daughter with my husband. I just completed a major project of the year, which was creating and launching an online piano convention (it wrapped up at the end of June).
Here’s what my 2019 focus is:
- Practice for my Grade 10 exam. I’m taking lessons again! This amounts to 2-3 hours of practice per day.
- Launch a course on curriculum later in the year (my current aim is between August and September)
- Launch a live event at the beginning of Summer (end of June) done!
- Go on 1 date each week with Michael (we fell off the bandwagon at the end of spring, but we’ll hop back on this summer)
- Prioritize family and friends, and spend less meaningless time on my phone (2018 was probably my most social year because of this)
- Bake my way through “Bread Baking for Beginners” (currently in the “kneaded loaves” section
- Read 52 books this year (for the 4th year in a row – at the start of July, I’m close to 40 books)
- Continue to enjoy a healthy lifestyle (great homemade vegan food, getting outside as much as possible, 45 minutes of daily walking, and continuing my yoga/HIIT classes)
- Practice writing by journaling most days and publishing blog posts on AllyVB
- Play around with a top-secret project!
My theme for this year is abundance. I’ve worked hard over the years to build good habits and sculpt my character, and I want to be sure to be in the moment to actually enjoy it. My life is overflowing with wonderful people, meaningful work, great music and literature, and most importantly time. I consider myself lucky!
I’ll continue to update this page as things change and I make progress. Thanks for stopping by!